* Zanin Zawlbuk is now dated. I think they took my advice.
* News Details: I didn’t notice this earlier. Some of the items under THUTHAR LAWRKHAWM are links and when on click you get the detail. Many will not notice this unless there’s a pointer like “Read more”.
Correction: All the items are hyperlinks. The thing is on mouse over, not all of them turns red. Looks like CSS Anchor Pseudo-class “hover” for hyperlink is not working/implemented for some of the items.
* At the bottom of the page is an email Id email@example.com which I don’t remember seeing before.
Zonet, a local cable TV network which also airs it’s own local TV programmes (through it’s own network) had gone online via their website zonet.in. As I open the site, my instant reaction was “Wow, it’s neat”. Zonet is a joint venture of three (wise)man – Pu Vanneihtluanga, Pu K. Sapdanga and Pu BTS (Biakthansanga). I wouldn’t waste your few precious minutes talking about them for these men are too well known. A bit about Pu K.Sapdanga though. He is the editor of Vanglaini daily newspaper, that you know. He was teaching at Champhai Govt. High School, this you might not know.
Well, this is my not so worthwhile review on the website. I feel I am not a bad person to do the review after all, since I never watch Zonet. This review is purely based on my impression from the website.
I am assuming Mizosoft did the work since I find their logo at the bottom of the page. It looks to me this is the best site Mizosoft had developed.
What you find:
* News in briefs (Thuthar Lawrkhawm). There is no time stamp. So you don’t know when the event happened – an hour ago or a couple of days earlier.
* A series of items under the title “Zanin Zawlbuk”. Since the display doesn’t include date, there is no way one would make out if it is today’s schedule or the day before , say it’s not updated.
* On the left column, a series of items such as “Zonet Zawlbuk”, “Zonet Fakna”, “Zonet Daifim”, “Zonet Zunzam”, “Zonet Forum” which on clicking gives you some forms to fill up. Fakna, Daifim and Zunzam have a one liner that explains what the form’s about. Zawlbuk does not. I am unable to open the last one. Since I haven’t watch Zonet, I have no idea what these are – Channels or programmes?
I know what Zonet is, probably because I am a Mizo and I am from Mizoram. For the rest, just by visiting their website, there is no way you can make out what it is. Because there isn’t “About” page or anything like that which tells you what the website is about!
Thats also missing.
Why do websites such as this one being reviewed and such as this want to label themselves “Official”. Why ask why? Because there isn’t any unofficial website for the same. I don’t have any problem with this but if I am the one who’s got the say, I wouldn’t.
The Official or An Official?
I am the typo master as you now and I ain’t “The man” when it comes to grammar. Just pitch in if I am wrong.
Look at the banner above. Isn’t the word “newspaper” written together? From the statement “An official website….”, it looks to me like the website is *ONE* of the *Official* websiteS.
And now look at this one
Where is the article “The”. Lets find out how many other miss the article using Google search results via Googlefight.
Corrections welcome. Thanks for reading till the end.
Website reviewed: zonet.in