Though it is yet to be officially announced, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has struck gas deposits near Hortoki village in northwest Mizoram, according to officials of the state geology and mineral resources department.
The ONGC chief geologist, C Chakraborty, also confirmed that ‘commercially viable’ hydrocarbon deposits have been discovered, but refused to reveal the amount of gas found.
He said the details of the discovery would be revealed within a fortnight, adding the prospective locations comprise over 4,000 sq km in the northwestern part of the state.
Read more from the source TOI
- Uranium deposits likely in Mizoram
- Rs 46.76-crore scam in Mizoram: Hindustan Times
- Mizoram to become the Kuwait of Northeast
- Yet another NGO against corruption
- 18 bombs found and defused in Surat