Orkut is banned, Orkut is banned you fool.
I saw this at a friend’s computer last night. Suspecting it was a virus, I tried Firefox. It didn’t allow me to open Firefox. I tried googling. Even that didn’t work. The moment I typed “orkut” in the search box, I was kicked out.
BANGALORE: The browser war between Internet Explorer (IE) and Mozilla has taken a new turn with a new Virus pitching in to help IE. The W32.USBWorm known popularly as the ‘I Hate Mozilla Virus’ prevents users from opening Mozilla and also prevents them from accessing sites like Orkut and Youtube.
Everytime the user opens Mozilla, the Virus pops up with a message, “Use IE, You Dope. I don’t hate Mozilla but use IE or else….” and closes the browser window. When the user tries to get into Orkut or Youtube again the villainous pop-up splash the message, â€˜Orkut is banned, Orkut is banned you fool.
“The administrators didn’t write this program guess who did?” and it plays a sound, supposedly a devil’s laugh. The worm then closes the web page window.
The worm spreads via thumbdrives, data cards and storage discs, using the computer’s Autorun feature.
- Open Task Manager by holding Ctrl + Alt + Del and click on the process tab.
– Ignore the warning messages and stop the SVC.Host for the system’s user name.
– Navigate to C:/Heap41a and delete the contents of the folder. Smile.
- Warning: Virus on orkut corrupting data
- orkut blogs
- Bypassing Orkut thumbnails right-click restriction
- Mozilla accepts Microsoft’s offer of help
- Scrap your Orkut buddy from GTalk