Come to think of it, we must be the most priviledged generation to see legends/ sports greats during their times. To name some of them:
– Tennis: Roger Federer, and to an extent, Pete Sampras. On the women’s side, Steffi Graf and Martina. Also, the great Indian doubles pair of Leader Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi.
– Basketball: Michael Jordan
– Golf: Tiger Woods
– Racing: Michael Schumacher (I miss Ayrton Senna, maybe some of you were lucky enough to see him race)
– Football: Maradona (although the earlier generation saw Pele)
– Cycling: Lance Armstrong
– Pole Vault: Sergei Bubka
These are people who have dominated their sport and were head and shoulders above the others like no one else in the history of the game, and arguably, we may not have another like them. Even if our generation is one where we are privileged to have the media and thus, ‘live coverage’, the statistics of these players are such that media or no, they are the ones synonymous with the sport, except Federer at the moment as compared to Sampras, but he still has a few good years of tennis in him to work on those statistics.
- Tennis match turu – Darkar 10 chuang an inkhel..
- My Generation
- 46% of our readers use Firefox
- Roger ropui a a ropui zo ta lo…!
- Day of our lives!